Minidoka County, Idaho - Official Website



Photo Gallery



Alert Notification

Employment Opportunities




Home » Community Development

Office Information

Minidoka County Courthouse
715 G. Street
P.O. Box 368
Rupert, Id 83350

Phone: (208)436-7183
Fax: (208)436-1580

8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Welcome to the Minidoka County
Community Development
Building and Zoning Department

Thank you for your interest in our web site! We hope to answer most of your questions about the building permit process in Minidoka County. If however you still have questions or need advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us or come by our office. Information listed below.


Tony Morley
Zoning Administrator
Brett Stephens
Building Inspector
Dennis Dexter
Zoning Enforcement
Frequently Asked Questions

When Do I need a building Permit?
Any new construction, structural additions, alterations, out buildings over 120 Sq. Ft., all interior remodels except for painting and carpeting, re-roofing and re-siding projects, placing a manufactured home in or out of a park, window or replacement if the opening size will be larger than the door/windows taken out.

Do agricultural buildings require a permit?
 All buildings require a permit, however for a farm placement set back, permits are issued only on buildings that conform to these placement requirements: building must be in an agricultural zoned district, must be 60’ from the all habitable structures, has to be on an actual working farm, and be used only for housing agricultural animals, livestock or farm implements. Setback requirements are 30’ from the road right of way and 7’ from the side and rear property lines

How much time does a permit allow me to build?
A permit issued is allotted for a 180-day time frame. If your project takes longer, if this is verified work in progress, you can by meeting certain criteria, be granted an extension by contacting our office.

How long does it take to issue a permit?
Depending on the type and complexity of project you are working on, it takes between 24 hours and 10 days. However an exception will be made for re-roofing, re-siding and sign permits to be issued the same day if you get us the information needed in a timely fashion.


-- Home :: Commissioners :: Departments :: Judicial ::Services ::  Links --

-- Commissioners' Proclamation --
-- Terms of Use --
--  Site Map --

©2012 Minidoka County, Idaho
- Web Site by Surf The Snake -