Job Title: Deputy Court Clerk
Effective Date: December 2017
Pay Grade/Range: To be determined
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Covered
EEO Category: Administrative Support
General Summary: Provides varied administrative support responsibilities for the court. The position provides customer service to the general public, attorneys, law enforcement, judges, and other court professionals. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Clerk Supervisor.
Specialty Areas: The Deputy Clerk may perform the following duties and responsibilities in one or more of the following court areas: Criminal, Civil, Juvenile, Family Court, Child Protection, Guardianship Conservatorship, or other areas of the court.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: (The examples provided do not cover all of the duties which the incumbent in this position may be required to perform.)
- Accepts and records documents filed with the court in person and through e-filing;
- Accesses electronic records and reviews documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Processes paper and electronic documents according to business standards;
- Annotates and e-mails documents;
- Processes documents from workflow queues determining appropriate next action;
- Prepares and scans documents and provides appropriate security;
- Answers questions from the public in person and on the telephone or refers to the appropriate resource;
- Creates forms, form letters, and other similar court documents;
- Prepares minutes and orders;
- Collects fees and fines;
- Enters and maintains information in the case management system;
- Researches records requests;
- Runs reports from the case management system;
- Maintains files and other records;
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Assists with difficult customer service issues;
- May act as an In-Court Clerk;
Deputy Clerk I Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- One year of experience providing administrative support or working in an office;
- The position requires high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Legal experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of English grammar and punctuation;
- Knowledge of customer service skills;
- Knowledge of court processes preferred;
- Skill in using a computer to enter and retrieve information as well as create routine correspondence or documentation;
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions;
- Ability to learn and understand court policies and procedures;
- Ability to use sound judgement in applying existing policies and procedures to complete tasks;
- Ability to review complex documents for accuracy and completion;
- Ability to maintain professionalism when working with the general public some of whom may be upset or experiencing distress;
- Ability to communicate effective effectively with customers and co-workers in person and via the telephone;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships co-workers and customers;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minidoka County reserves the right to consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the major duties and responsibilities of the position.
The Minidoka County is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other applicable legally protected status. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodation for applying or interviewing, please notify Human Resources.
APPLICATIONS can be downloaded and printed from this site - to find an application type "job application" in the search box on the home page and then click on the top pdf link.
APPLICATIONS are also available at the Clerk's Office, 715 G Street, Rupert, Idaho.
Please return your application and resume to: Minidoka County Clerk, P. O. Box 368, 715 G Street, Rupert, Idaho 83350 via USPS or in person.