Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Mini-Cassia Juvenile Detention is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant/Juvenile Detention Officer.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to multi-task with excellent communications skills and an upbeat and positive attitude. This position will be the main point of contact for the facility so the applicant must be able to provide polite and professional assistance in-person, via the telephone, through e-mail and other internet-based communication platforms.
Candidates should be professional and polite and be comfortable with using computers, printers, and fax machines.
The main focus of this position will be administrative assistant duties however, the successful applicant will also be cross trained as a juvenile detention officer and on occasion be required to cover vacated shifts as needed.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting visitors, lawyers, law enforcement officers, and others
- Answer and direct all in-coming phone calls.
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing system.
- Prepare and calculate time cards for payroll.
- Escort detention center residents to video courts and keep all court dates organized and accurate.
- Prepare reports and calculate various statistics regarding resident population.
- Successfully complete the POST Academy for Juvenile Detention Officers when assigned to do so.
- Cover vacated detention officer shifts, as needed.
- Assist the Director in meeting the everyday needs of the facility.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with a minimum of a high school diploma. Must have a clean criminal background and pass a polygraph exam.
Hourly wage will range from $16.50 - $18.50 depending on experience and skill set. Medical, dental, and vision insurance and PERSI retirement.