Absentee Voting

absentee voting

To request an Absentee Ballot click on the Idaho Votes logo, or call 208-436-9511 to request an Absentee Ballot Request Form to be mailed to you. This must be done each year.  Complete, print, and mail back to Minidoka County Election Dept. PO Box 368, Rupert, Idaho.VoteIdaho_FullColor_large


Idaho law provides for absentee voting for registered voters. Voters who wish to vote early, or will be unable to vote at their precinct in the upcoming elections, may vote by mail or at the Minidoka County Clerk's Office. You may vote in person from  8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

May 21, 2024 Election - Early voting will be May 6, 2024 through May 17, 2024.

August 27, 2024 Election - Early voting will be August 12, 2024 through August 23, 2024.

November 5, 2024 Election - Early voting will be October 21, 2024 through November 1, 2024.

Absentee Mail Ballot Application

Those wishing to vote absentee by mail must first submit an Absentee Ballot Application or request by letter including your name, home address, and address you want the ballot to be mailed to. The Application must be received in the County Clerk's Office no later than 5 p.m. on the eleventh day before the election. All parties requesting a ballot form must sign the letter of request. The completed application can be delivered by mail, or in person, to the Minidoka County Clerk's Office.

The absentee ballots must be received in the Clerk's Office by 8 p.m. on election day. Absentee registration and/or application for the Absentee Ballot must be applied for by the applicant to the County Clerk in the County in which the elector's Idaho residence is.

Application for an Absentee Ballot

The 2024 application will be available in January 2024.

You must be registered to vote in Idaho to request an absentee ballot.

  • Requested from the Clerk's office
  • Download the Application (PDF)
  • Submit a written request with the required information (name of elector, residence address in Idaho and mailing address, to which such registration or ballot is to be forwarded), signed by the applicant, to:

 Minidoka County Elections, P. O. Box 368, Rupert, Id 83350, 
 or deliver to Minidoka County Elections, 715 G Street, Rupert, Id 83350


Important Definitions

  • 34-104. "Qualified elector" defined. "Qualified elector" means any person who is 18 years of age, is a United States citizen and who has resided in this state and in the county at least 30 days next preceding the election at which he desires to vote, and who is registered as required by law.
    • A qualified elector who has left his home and gone into another state or territory or county of this state for a temporary purpose only shall not be considered to have lost his residence.
    • A qualified elector shall not be considered to have gained a residence in any county or city of this state into which he comes for temporary purposes only, without the intention of making it his home but with the intention of leaving it when he has accomplished the purpose that brought him there.
    • If a qualified elector moves to another state, or to any of the other territories, with the intention of making it his permanent home, he shall be considered to have lost his residence in this state.
  • 34-107. "Residence" defined.
    • "Residence," for voting purposes, shall be the principal or primary home or place of abode of a person. Principal or primary home or place of abode is that home or place in which his habitation is fixed and to which a person, whenever he is absent, has the present intention of returning after a departure or absence therefrom, regardless of the duration of absence.
    • In determining what is a principal or primary place of abode of a person the following circumstances relating to such person may be taken into account: business pursuits, employment, income sources, residence for income or other tax pursuits, residence of parents, spouse, and children, if any, leaseholds, situs of personal and real property, situs of residence for which the exemption in section 63-602G, Idaho Code, is filed, and motor vehicle registration.