When placing a manufactured home (mobile home) in Minidoka County or the cities within the county, the following procedures and permits are required:
Zoning Provisions (Where & What is Allowed)
- Mobile Home Parks - Placement of all classes manufactured homes on spaces or lots within an existing approved Mobile Home Park is allowed and requires an Installation Permit.
- Minidoka County (Unincorporated area inside Areas of City Impact) - Installation permits are required and only Class A and B manufactured Homes are permitted.
- Minidoka County (Unincorporated area outside Areas of City Impact) - Installation permits are required and HUD approved homes manufactured after June of 1976, or that comply with the Idaho Manufactured Home Rehabilitation Act are permitted.
- Cities of Rupert, Heyburn, and Paul - Installation permits are required and only Class A Manufactured Homes (double wide on permanent foundation) are permitted where single family residences are allowed.
- City of Acequia - Double wide (newer than 1976) on permanent foundation. All others require a Special Use permit issued by City Council. Installation permit issued by Building Department
Required Permits & Fees
- Septic System permit (for outside city service areas) from:
South Central District Health Department
Phone: 208-436-7185 or 208-678-6937
Hours: 8 to 10 a.m.
- Building/placement permit from the Minidoka County Building Department
- $150 for Single wide
- $200 for Multiple section placement permit
- Additional fee for concrete foundation (cost varies slightly on size of home, approximately additional $65), call Mary Reeves or Cassie Fowler at 208-436-7183
- Electrical permit from the Idaho Department of Labor and Industrial Services
- Plumbing permits for new service and manufactured home connection, from the Idaho Department of Labor and Industrial Services
- Well permit from Idaho Department of Water Resources, call 208-736-3033 for more information
Required Submittals for Placement Permits
- Blocking plan and requirements - can be obtained from manufacturer
- Copy of septic system permit - if not on central or City sewer
- Evidence that hook up fees have been paid - if home is to be connected to City sewer or water
- Foundation plan and specifications - if home is being placed on permanent foundation
- Home information - year, make, model, size of home, and floor plan if new home
- Legal description (if not in a Mobile Home Park)
- Plot or site plan - showing location of home with respects to road right-of-ways, property lines, easements and other buildings
- Proof of ownership ( Deed or Signed Earnest Money Agreement)