Students who want to take Driver's Education must register for the course prior to purchasing a permit. Purchase of the permit must be done before the first day of class.
- $21.50 non-refundable fee - permit is not valid after one year from purchase date.
- One parent with the same last name - if there is a last name difference, parent must have a marriage license, divorce decree or any legal document linking all the last names together
- Sheriff's Office does a visual test - if lenses are required, please wear them
The following documents must be present when purchasing a permit:
- Original State Certified Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification (school yearbook, Idaho identification card, activity card, passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card
- Verification of Compliance signed by the school principal
Foreign Exchange Students
Foreign exchange students need to contact the Sheriff's Office at 208-434-2327 for additional requirements.